Time to bid TATA to TATA could never fly
by Dr. Vineet Kohli
(Mumbai, Maharashtra, India)
I feel unfortunate to have not read these reviews about TATA sky before I booked my connection.
It was unprofessional-ism personified at all levels. Rather than wasting time in elaborating my experience, I would like to enumerate the facts for all those who have not yet got trapped:
1. Worst customer care service: The C.C.nos. can only be dialled using a telephone with an STD facility, since all the nos. are based in Pune. A subscriber has to waste not only his time but also his money (making STD calls) every time he makes an enquiry at the call centre.
2. The call centre executives are very lousy and highly irresponsible and many times cheat/ mislead the customers while trying to convince them to subscribe for their services.
3. The installation team works at its own pace, with no coordination whatsoever with the sales team (order booking team). The hardware will never reach you within the stipulated/ promised time frame. Since, by now you would have already made the payment, they change their priorities immediately.
4. The 'login' or 'register' link on the tatasky home page will never open. So now, if one has to recharge his subscription he will fail by 'the web route' and he will also not be able to make a call from MTNL or any other Landline without an STD facility activated on it.
5. It has simply been a pathetic experience and I would like people to save their hard earned money and do charity instead.